Simon's Flying Training

This is a record of my flying training with Oxford Aviation Training. The first 7 months of Ground School are now complete, and the second phase of the training - the actual flying - starts in Goodyear, Arizona. Keep checking back for updates on my flying progress, and how my Wife and Daughter are coping with a new home in the desert!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Vandals attack

On the way down to the airport shortly after writing my last update, I noticed that four cars in the car park where we live had been vandalised. Each one was a white car or pickup, and each one had been sprayed with black spray paint - with choice words such as 'B*tch', 'Sl*t' and 'Wh*re' emblazened down each panel.
One of them I recognised as a friend of mine, a rental car from Hertz. When I got back from the airport (flight cancelled, shock horror) just now, the place was swarming with cops, so I went and woke up Paul and told him what had happened. Suffice to say, him and his mate James who had rented the car were not too pleased. You expect this kind of thing in Liverpool, but not here....
I'm just thanking my lucky stars I swapped out silver Impala for a dark grey Sienna. MInd you, some of the other dark cars had had their number plates sprayed also, and my car was only two cars along from theirs. I just hope they don't return with some white paint - the problem for us is that we don't have insurance on rental cars to cover us, it's an extra $25 a day for full insurance cover, which is another $600 a month on top of the $1100 a month rental.....




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home