Simon's Flying Training

This is a record of my flying training with Oxford Aviation Training. The first 7 months of Ground School are now complete, and the second phase of the training - the actual flying - starts in Goodyear, Arizona. Keep checking back for updates on my flying progress, and how my Wife and Daughter are coping with a new home in the desert!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

California here I don't come

Yesterday I was due to do a cross country solo to Blythe, California. Unfortunately Blythe is just over an hour away, but I only had 1hr 45min to complete the entire flight, so I ended up turning back before getting there. It was a pleasant early morning flight, but also a bit of a waste of time. The route was a very simple one - depart Goodyear, turn west, keep going, then turn back and head back to Goodyear.
Ah well, it was nice to see some more of the amazing scenery if nothing else.
This morning I had an early morning dual flight with Gilbert - the last one before my first progress test. The flight went really well, I put in a good performance with steep turns, stalls, practise forced landings - and generally had a really good flight and a good chat with Gilbert.
I was hoping to get my PT1 done tomorrow, but due to a lack of available instructors I now have to wait until next Wednesday. I can continue with solo navigation flights, then do a couple of solo general handlings just before the test. I'm also planning on having a couple of days off, as I've had a flight or two every day for the last 10 days.
Had a nice lazy day today, spent mostly playing games with Georgia this afternoon while Clare caught up on some sleep. Also been looking on some places to go next week when my Dad comes out - trying to plan something involving the Grand Canyon and Vegas. Not too easy when you have a five hour drive with a two year old to plan for.
Apart from a dogfight with an F-16 which saw me gunned down in flames (yeah, cheers Gareth) - not much been happening. Maybe when I have a couple of days off we'll get out and about.
Time to go draw some more pictures of cats, methinks!
Bye for now
Simon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home