Simon's Flying Training

This is a record of my flying training with Oxford Aviation Training. The first 7 months of Ground School are now complete, and the second phase of the training - the actual flying - starts in Goodyear, Arizona. Keep checking back for updates on my flying progress, and how my Wife and Daughter are coping with a new home in the desert!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

No flying

Typical that after having Friday, Saturday, Monday off, and spending an hour preparing everything for a cross country solo today, the wind was at 15 kts when I was due to fly, therefore cancelling my flight for me. My crosswind limit is 10 kts, and the wind was 110/15, rwy 03 in use, giving a 14 kt crosswind. Bummer.
Gilbert is off work at the moment too, which means: a) He hasn't left me solo permission slips, creating a problem when I go to fly, and b) he isn't putting bids in for my flights, which means I'm not getting decent slots.
It's just sucky that I'm not flying now, when in a weeks time I'm going to want to take a few days off to go to Vegas etc. Oh well, such is life.
Still waiting to do my PT1 - doesn't look like it'll be tomorrow, so more time being wasted when I really could be moving on with things. Look on the bright side - if I end up going back to England late it's not a bad thing. Do I want to stay in Phoenix in November when it's still hot and sunny, or go back to England where it's guaranteed to be raining cats, dogs and small frogs? Tough one....
Anyway, just got back from Barnes & Noble, bought Georgia a couple of books and let her play with the train set there - and gave our new hire car a check ride - so far I'm pretty impressed.
Why Toyota don't import the Sienna into the UK I don't know, as it seems like good competition for the all-conquering Renault Espace. Clare really likes it, so it must be good ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home