Simon's Flying Training

This is a record of my flying training with Oxford Aviation Training. The first 7 months of Ground School are now complete, and the second phase of the training - the actual flying - starts in Goodyear, Arizona. Keep checking back for updates on my flying progress, and how my Wife and Daughter are coping with a new home in the desert!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Solo!

Today I took to the skies on my own! I was up at 4am, at the airport at 5am, and taking off at 5:45 for an hour of circuit practise with Gilbert. After a few circuits we came in for a landing, Gilbert jumped out, and I headed back out on my own.
It was a great feeling to be at the controls with no-one else there looking over my shoulder, even though my first solo flight consisted of 5 minutes air time.
It still amazes me that after 11 lessons I've gone solo, but such is the pace Oxford set. Looking forward to tomorrow - another dual flight and hopefully another solo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home