Simon's Flying Training

This is a record of my flying training with Oxford Aviation Training. The first 7 months of Ground School are now complete, and the second phase of the training - the actual flying - starts in Goodyear, Arizona. Keep checking back for updates on my flying progress, and how my Wife and Daughter are coping with a new home in the desert!

Friday, July 14, 2006

Harrier crashes near Oxford


News from the BBC confirms that a RAF Harrier crashed near Kidlington yesterday. Fortunately nobody was killed, but there were a few injuries. The photo at the bottom of the page is taken from Oxford Aviation.


News from the U.S. also tells us that a USAF F-16 crashed near Goodyear Airport yesterday, but I've been unable to confirm this. Wing Commander Todd reports he did say a large fire near to the airport while he was out flying. Unfortunately, as none of the rest of us have been able to fly yet, and don't seem likely to any time soon, we can't get a second opinion.

Another day, another load of cancellations by Oxford Aviation. Today it seems they can't even keep a photo session running as planned. My confidence and general happiness with Oxford Aviation is at an all time low.

Off to get changed *back* out of my Oxford uniform, and into my pool uniform.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home