Simon's Flying Training

This is a record of my flying training with Oxford Aviation Training. The first 7 months of Ground School are now complete, and the second phase of the training - the actual flying - starts in Goodyear, Arizona. Keep checking back for updates on my flying progress, and how my Wife and Daughter are coping with a new home in the desert!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Screwed over, AGAIN

Today I was supposed to carry out my JAA Navigation Test. It was originally planned for 14:30, but in typical OATC style was changed to 15:30, with two hours notice, and no-one informing me.
I headed down to the airport for 14:00 hours, to give myself an hour and a half to do all the planning. Unfortunately, OATC had scheduled the examiner to fly all day, right up to 15:20. This would give me a maximum of 10 minutes briefing time which needs to include the flight planning. Terrific.
What actually happened was that his flight landed late, at 16:00. This meant my navigation test was cancelled, to be hopefully done tomorrow. One thing my examiner did say was that I was supposed to report to him at 08:00 this morning for a briefing and to get my route info, but this information had not reached me.
So, now I have my route information, I am due to meet him at 07:30 tomorrow morning and hope that an aircraft is available. I can't see for one second how tomorrow can go well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home