Simon's Flying Training

This is a record of my flying training with Oxford Aviation Training. The first 7 months of Ground School are now complete, and the second phase of the training - the actual flying - starts in Goodyear, Arizona. Keep checking back for updates on my flying progress, and how my Wife and Daughter are coping with a new home in the desert!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween Party

We had another nice weekend off - on Friday I was in the sim til 9am then that was it until Monday. On Friday afternoon we took Georgia to a place called Lilliput - a nice place just up the road that lets kids play with loads of arts and crafts, and generally splatter paint all over the place without worrying about cleaning up afterwards! Georgia had a great time, and we came away with quite a few things that she had painted.
On Saturday we had planned to go over to Phoenix Zoo, but unfortunately Clare has been suffering with really bad tooth ache, and didn't feel much like going out anywhere as she hardly slept the night before. We pretty much just chilled out around the place most of the day. We went down to the pool but it's just a bit too chilly in the water now. The hot spa is still very nice, but not ideal for Georgia, so we ended up coming back to the apartment. I spent a bit of time reading through some Comms stuff as I still need to do a test before returning to the UK. I also started going through my log book, writing all my flights up in pen. I've done just over 100 hours flying now! Georgia kept trying to 'help', so I ended up having to distract her with my PSP!


At about 4pm we started getting ready to go out to the Halloween Party in Goodyear. We had picked up a nice little outfit for Georgia, so we got her dressed up and headed out. It seemed really odd to be going out for Halloween and have it still be really bright and sunny outside - not what we're used to in the UK that's for sure. We got up to the park quite early so it was nice and quiet, but after about an hour the sun had gone down and a lot more people had turned up. It was a really great event - all put on by the City. There were a lot of activities for kids to do, and Georgia had a nice time going from game to game winning candy for her halloween bag. We even got to pick a pumpkin then decorate it with marker pens and stickers. When I took Georgia into the pumpkin area she sat herself down and just kept saying 'dis one' - and pointing to all the pumpkins.... I think she thought they were all hers!



We left the party and headed home, calling in at Panda Express on the way to pick up some orange chicken, sweet & sour pork and chow mein. Yum!
There's a Trick or Treat event here at our apartment complex tomorrow night which sounds like fun. I think I have a late flight tomorrow so will possibly miss it, but Clare will take Georgia along and hopefully have a nice time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home