Simon's Flying Training

This is a record of my flying training with Oxford Aviation Training. The first 7 months of Ground School are now complete, and the second phase of the training - the actual flying - starts in Goodyear, Arizona. Keep checking back for updates on my flying progress, and how my Wife and Daughter are coping with a new home in the desert!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Foul weather

So I get up bright and early, and there's a thunderstorm outside. I'll head down to the airport anyway on the off chance that there's an aircraft available and the storm dissipates... but right now things don't look too peachy...




******** Update ***********************
Arrived at airport, obtained an aircraft (they aren't letting solo flights go) - planned my route etc, then sat and waited for my examiner to arrive. When he did arrive he said he wasn't prepared to fly, so I had a dual lesson flight with Gilbert instead. It was pretty bumpy, but we managed to have a good flight. We had an 18 knot crosswind on landing, which was good fun. Now off to plan for my Commercial Pilot License Cross Country flight tomorrow - have to do at least 300nm with 2 full stop landings. There are 5 of us scheduled for it, starting at 6:30am - should be a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home